Friday, August 3, 2012

Playing Catch Up

So, it's been a long time since I have updated my blog. I am terrible at this! Life has been very busy since I last wrote. We have gone through several changes:

*I have been accepted to the SLCC Dental Hygiene program for this fall. I am quitting my job and going to school full-time come August 22nd.
*We have moved back to Murray! Scott's parents have graciously welcomed us into their home so we can be closer to school, save money, and not have to run Alice back and forth while I go to school.
*Scott is going to start his last semester at the U in the fall. He will graduate in business management at the end of December!
*Moving to a new ward has presented more responsibilities than before: I am the 1st Counselor in the YW and Scott is the Gospel Doctrine teacher! He does an excellent job and it's fun to see him teach. I have been enjoying myself getting to know the sweet girls in our ward and teaching as well!
*Speaking of church, Alice can go to the nursery now. Does she, though? NO. She went the first few times without incident and then recently has decided that going to nursery is a death sentence. Simply walking across the threshold of the nursery room gives her anxiety and she cries like I have never seen. I never thought that my happy little girl would be one of those kids!
*Scott and I have been trying harder to get into shape. I have been running a lot and Scott has been dieting. He's lost about 20 pounds and I am so proud of him!
*I have gone back to being a blonde. While being a brunette was a fun change, I have decided that I look the best with blonde hair. Who knows how long that will last, though. I love to change my hair whenever I can!

Here are some pictures that I haven't taken off of my camera:

 back at the old apartment
 Alice in her Easter dress
 on the Hewitson Family egg hunt
 wow, my hair was dark
 at the Dickson Family egg hunt
 Alice with daddy
 the spoils
 Alice in the tubby
 Alice loves to empty cupboards

 Alice with Grandma, Grandpa & cousins
 Alice loves to snuggle with us on our bed
 she doesn't need to take the wrappers off
 she finally got the hang of it
 she eats anything she can (that's not edible, that is)
 is this one mine?
 in trouble
cute little bottom

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on getting in to dental hygiene! That is a big deal! Keep blogging, it's fun to hear what you're up to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY an update! ;)
    Sorry about Alice and nursery. I was really worried Henry would hate it - but he has done really well. Maybe after a brief break Alice will be ok again.
    Awesome photos. Alice has the same highchair as Henry! Don't you love it?
    She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete