Monday, January 31, 2011

My Resignation

Well, after trying just about everything (minus castor oil) that everyone suggested for getting me to go into labor, I have finally decided that nothing short of the will of God will make Alice come out. So, I guess I have resigned myself to the fact that Alice will be born on February 4th, as I am scheduled to be induced at 8:30 pm on Thursday, February 3rd. I must admit that it is a bit disappointing that she hasn't come sooner or on her own, but all that really matters is that she is healthy.

On a good note, I have been happily enjoying my maternity leave. I can't express how nice it has been to escape the stress and utter anxiety of my job. Sad, but absolutely true. So until Thursday, I plan on getting the sleep that I won't get later and spending time with my sweetie. It really hit me tonight that this is practically "it" during family prayer when Scott prayed that I would be prepared for labor "this week." This week!! Ready or not, here she comes......

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I want lots and lots of pictures posted asap! Good luck and yes... You are right, get LOTS of sleep now cause you will be missing it very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck THIS WEEK, Abby! I look forward to seeing pics of your little Alice!

    ReplyDelete