Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frustration

Well, here I am at 39 weeks. I can't believe I've made it this far! Now if Alice would just show her face. I went to the doctor yesterday, hoping that I was at least beginning the dilating process. No such luck! My sister told me to ask to have my membranes stripped (whatever that means) and apparently my doctor was incapable of doing even that due to my uncooperative cervix. Let's just say that I was a little less than pleased.

I know that it's healthy to let the baby come in her own time, but I long for an induction! My doctor informed me that she won't induce before 41 weeks. That would put me having the baby on February 3rd. I just don't know if I can wait that long!

Although Scott and I are impatient and frustrated, I know I need to look on the bright side. It really isn't that long until she comes (although it may feel like an eternity to me). I have been mostly healthy throughout this pregnancy, there have been no complications, and Alice is doing very well (to my knowledge, anyway). Plus, I know that I am very blessed to even be pregnant and to have a baby. What am I complaining about?!?

Unfortunately, patience is a virtue that I do not possess.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly why you are complaining! I am in the same boat and I still have 5 weeks! And 2 more weeks can seem like an eternity when you have already waited 39 weeks. I hope she comes soon for you. I have always been told that the way you got pregnant is the way to get unpregnant :) Good luck and post pics right away, I want to see what she looks like!

    ReplyDelete