Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reflections

2011 was full of changes- some good and some not so good. Overall, I guess you could say that it was a hard year for me. I became a mother, my baby was hospitalized, my grandpa died, my uncle died, my dad got cancer, we swam in medical bills, and I left home to work again. On the other hand, I became a mother of an amazingly beautiful daugher, I celebrated two years of marriage to my best friend, I met all of the challenges that were thrown at me, and I was blessed in so many countless ways.
Going into 2012, I feel very hopeful. There are so many things to look forward to: Alice's first birthday, mine and Scott's 3-year anniversary, a trip to Florida, tickets to Wicked, and Scott's graduation. I also look forward to the unexpected surprises and the little moments that make life worthwhile. Even though I am constantly looking forward to the next things in life, I must say that right now with my crappy apartment and meager income I am very blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I love your picture! So so sweet. Her dress is so adorable! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's actually a romper. I think it's from Janie and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Abby, I did not know your Dad got cancer. I know how hard that can be. My mom got colon cancer and it was horrid. I hope he is doing better! And that stinks that you have to work! I hope that graduation brings a great job for Scott so you can be at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog! I am sorry you dealt with so many hard things last year. Hopefully you get a year of nothing but good in 2012. Let me know if you want a baked good...... ;)

    ReplyDelete